Translate my writing into your language!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

DIY 2016 Calendar


HEYO 

For 2016 to start of fresh and nice I made my own DIY 2016 calendar :D
I'll explain the steps as clearly as possible XD 
This was just a first time trial inspired by a calendar I found in a TG Magazine in 2015.

Materials:
A3 paper (or scrap poster you don't need, thats what I used :)
3 or more coloured paper of your choice (mine: pink, blue, yellow)
black sharpie
Gel pens (from smiggle) 
Scrapbook paper of your choice (to cover the background 
Gems 
Glitter 
Something with a round base or use a compass to draw your own.

Glue, scissors, ruler, modpodge 
and some stickers to decorate :D 

Reference to a 2016 Calendar to right the correct dates.

This is my Finished Calendar :D 

This craft does take a lot of time, so be patient, especially because of creating 12 circles, measuring straight rows to right all the dates :/ ^_^ but I think its worth it seeing something beautiful all year round. 

My circle size was 9cm in diameter, if you were to draw your own Radius:4.5cm
Depending how big you want them, whether to overlap one another or not, I didn't want to cover too much as I wanted to doodle on each month. 

Background: just stuck scrapbooking paper and washi tape for the bottom and a blue coloured paper strip for the 2016 heading. 

You can print out the numbers or draw them yourself (as I did) in the colours you desire, I like to give my crafts a bit of bling and sparkle so I decided to throw in some gems and used modpodge applied with a brush to give a silver gradient on the bottom to separate from he blue below. 



I hope I explained clearly enough to assist you if you decide to make one :D 

If you have any other questions about the DIY calendar, Fell free to ask in the comments
If you enjoyed this and like to see more DIY with image step by step or simply like this is fine, you can vote on a pole on the right hand side of this blog or simply leave it in the comments :D
BAAAIII

No comments:

Post a Comment