Translate my writing into your language!

Thursday, January 14, 2016

DIY draw divider organiser

HEYO

I just finished a DIY project to organise my draws before school starts for me LEH XD 

Materials:
Shoe box lid
white computer paper
any smaller boxes from snacks or any paper cardboard 

tools:
hot glue gun (or any strong glue)
pencil
ruler
gluestick 


I started off with my shoebox lid and planned out where each of my dividers are gonna be making the correct measurements. (if you want you can even write what is gonna go in which slot to help)



Now you just have to grab a bunch of random boxes from your finished snacks (you can also create you own box if you wish) make sure they are all the same height (unless you want some taller or shorter feel free) Mine were 5cm high boxes. Arrange in any order or style and glue them together.



You can either cover all your boxes and dividers with the white paper THEN glue together or you can glue together first like what I did then cover it white. You can also paint white if you wish but I had lots of scrap paper with a blank side. 
(you can even cover it with different colours of your choice)

(decorate with washi tape or other if you wish)

The shoe box lid would also need to be covered to match your dividers and just glue your little dividers to the lid and VOWLA 


This really organises your draws keeping them neat and pretty ^_^ Really simple and is able to be handcrafted just by household items around the house. 

I find these are really helpful, so even if you have A LOT of random (craft) stuff like me, just by popping them into these dividers would make your draws look MUCH neater. 
I chose white to make it look clean and elegant. 
I do strongly recommend hot glue to glue them down stronger and its quick to dry :D

This draw organiser can also be customised taller to hold your pens and pencils placed on your desk :)

Leave me a comment if you have suggestions or like to see more including my opinions to help. I also have a small voting pole if you'd like to see more on my blog :D 

You can stay updated by following my email to get updates or google+ ^_^ 
 BAIII

No comments:

Post a Comment